From: Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: New ALSA maintainers
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:36:08
1 Am Donnerstag, 29. März 2007 03:50 schrieb Steve Long:
2 > Daniel Drake wrote:
3 > > I have suggested that herd support for the kernelspace side
4 > > (alsa-driver) be slowly reduced, by redirecting users who file bugs
5 > > against it to reproduce with the in-kernel drivers, and then let
6 > > kernel handle the bug resolution. This will remove duplicated
7 > > maintenance efforts.
8 >
9 > This is perfectly reasonable where it is a card with drivers in both,
10 > but alas-drivers supports a broader range of hardware, eg the echo
11 > audio cards (guess who has one ;) which have never been available
12 > in-kernel.
13 Like those in sound/pci/echoaudio/ ? Which have been in there since the
14 commit labelled:
15
16 "2006-06-28 Giuliano Pochini [ALSA] Add echoaudio sound drivers"
17
18 I guess this is either point c) or point f) of Daniel's list. But he
19 should probably add a bullet point g) Hasn't looked yet.
20
21 Danny
22 --
23 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
24 Gentoo/AMD64 Project, Gentoo Scientific Project
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list