From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Support Everywhere
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:34:30
1 On Wed, May 20, 2009 13:26, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > But does Gentoo support those forums? My point is, the people here,
4 > devs in particular, have enough to do already. Why add one more thing for
5 > them to deal with?
6
7 Devs don't have to bother or even know about this at all.
8 The support will be limited within the possibilities of these
9 who want to offer it. The amount of support that LQ ask from
10 us is *more* than covered with what I and the other volunteers
11 can offer (it would be covered even with just me) If I founded
12 a project it's just because it's a way to make the rest of the
13 persons aware that the initiative exist, and because I like
14 official things when that's possible.
15
16 For the rest of people who just don't care about this, this
17 represent no change at all. In other words, this project will
18 only affect those who have any interest in it, the rest of devs
19 and people here can just ignore it as if it never existed.
20
21 We could argue that the sunrise project is bad because these devs
22 taking care of it should concentrate in portage instead, same
23 for gentoo-alt, to put just two random examples (I swear that I
24 feel no animosity against these projects at all :) ). But that's
25 pointless as I see it. This is open source, and everyone will
26 contribute wherever s/he wants, regardless of where you think
27 they should contribute.
28
29 By rejecting the gse project gentoo.forums.org will get no
30 extra time or support from me, and LQ will get no less either.
31
32 In the same lines, the fact that I support people at LQ is not
33 going to change the kind of support nor the quality of the support
34 that I give on our own forums.
38 Jesús Guerrero