From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Support Everywhere
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:27:44
1 Jesús Guerrero wrote:
2 > On Wed, May 20, 2009 05:33, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Jesús Guerrero wrote:
5 >>
6 >> I don't see how doing double the work will benefit anyone. Its a lot
7 >> easier to have one forum than it is to have two forums. I just think the
8 >> Gentoo folks would be better to concentrate on what we have than to
9 >> be spreading more work around for the same people. Its not like they don't
10 >> have enough work already.
15 > What I don't get about your argument is how to you think that
16 > banning the rest of the world from our minds and cutting
17 > all the relations with the rest of forums in the Earth is
18 > going to be any more beneficial for Gentoo that working in
19 > collaboration with them.
20 >
21 > It's like a cat who hides his head and thinks that the rest
22 > of the world has disappeared. Which isn't true. There are lots
23 > of gentoo related forums around and they will be there and
24 > people will use them no matter how bad you think that is, Dale.
25 >
26 > Some links that desultory kindly handed me are these:
27 >
28 > http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/gentoo-linux-help/
29 > http://www.gentoo-quebec.org/forum/
30 > https://www.hamiltonshells.ca/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=8
31 > http://www.gentoo.fr/forum/index.php
32 > http://www.gentooforum.de/
33 > http://www.gentoo-forum.nl/
34 >
35 > But there are lots more. I am already handing my time there,
36 > and neither you nor Gentoo as a project can tell my what to do
37 > with my time. So I will continue giving support there, even if
38 > you or anyone else think that I am harming Gentoo by not
39 > concentrating my effort into a single point. I can do it on
40 > behalf of Gentoo and have an easier time, or I can do it
41 > on behalf of me and have a harder time. But I'll do it
42 > nonetheless. As said, this is not open for discussion, this
43 > is the reality, at least until the G foundation can control
44 > my mind. Period. :)
45 >
46 > So I really don't understand your argument. I will not be
47 > "harming" Gentoo anymore that I've benn "harming" it for a
48 > long long time now. :D
49 >
50 > No one has to join or worry about this at all if s/he doesn't
51 > care so I have no idea what extra work are you talking about.
52 > No one has to worry about me or the gse project either.
53 >
54 > Regards and a nice day! :)
57 But does Gentoo support those forums? My point is, the people here,
58 devs in particular, have enough to do already. Why add one more thing
59 for them to deal with?
60
61 Dale
62