From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects and simple guides
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 15:12:50
1 On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 08:20 -0600, Lance Albertson wrote:
2 > But herd != project. They are two distinct things. There are a couple of
3 > cases where they both are the same, but others where it isn't. For
4 > example, what project would netmon fit under? They aren't actively
5 > trying to create a specific idea inside of gentoo. To me that's one
6 > thing that defines a project from a herd. A herd mainly deals with
7 > organizing a group of ebuilds. I don't see how you can label every herd
8 > into a project.
9
10 I have to side with lance on this one (ouch) - i have some docs i'd love
11 to post for perl herd related stuff, but we are by no means a project,
12 nor do we fit nicely into anything.
13
14 *sigh* now there's the story of my life in a nutshell...
15
16 ~mcummings