From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new "qt" category
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 21:03:49
1 130119 Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > On 19 January 2013 21:46, Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Maybe lib-qt ? dev-qt sounds confusing to me too, what's "dev" about it?
4 > These are libraries and applications
5 > that are used by developers of end-user applications.
6
7 They are also encountered by users when updating KDE etc.
8
9 > If there is too much opposition to a simple "qt" category
10 > -- at least there seems to be some quite vocal opposition -- ,
11 > then dev-qt is in my eyes the next best alternative.
12
13 'qt' alone is inconsistent with the rest of the tree.
14
15 > A third option we came up with is qt-framework.
16
17 Too long to type & again no parallel in the existing tree.
18
19 > Somewhat comparable categories in the current tree
20 > are dev-dotnet and gnustep-{base,libs}.
21
22 Flame-eyes' suggestion is simple, consistent & involves least change :
23 'x11-qt/qt-core' 'x11-qt/qt-gui' etc. Please do it like that.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca