From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: persistence of eclasses for installed packages
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 11:17:41
1 Zac Medico kirjoitti:
2 >
3 > What do people think about these two approaches? Personally, I
4 > would prefer approach #2 for the sake of simplicity and
5 > maintainability. The sooner that we start storing eclasses.tbz2 for
6 > each installed package, the sooner that we will be able to have more
7 > freedom with the eclasses in the live portage tree.
8
9 One thing that comes to mind is that how do we handle the case where the
10 old version of the eclass has a major bug in pkg_postrm for example.
11
12 Regards,
13 Petteri