From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New project: Crypto
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:42:51
1 On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 8:11 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
4 > [Sent from my iPad, as it is not a secured device there are no cryptographic keys on this device,
5 > meaning this message is sent without an OpenPGP signature. In general you should *not* rely on
6 > any information sent over such an unsecure channel, if you find any information controversial or
7 > un-expected send a response and request a signed confirmation]
8
9 And this would be why I don't bother to sign my emails any longer.
10 The FOSS world is still stuck in the days when people ran X11-based
11 MUAs and stored their mail in conventional folders. I've yet to see a
12 decent browser-based MUA or Android client which does signing.
13 Squirrelmail does, but it is really lacking compared to something like
14 Gmail.
17 Rich