From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New project: Crypto
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:58:41
1 On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 09:42:40 -0500
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 8:11 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand
5 > <k_f@g.o> wrote:
8 > > [Sent from my iPad, as it is not a secured device there are no
9 > > cryptographic keys on this device, meaning this message is sent
10 > > without an OpenPGP signature. In general you should *not* rely on
11 > > any information sent over such an unsecure channel, if you find any
12 > > information controversial or un-expected send a response and
13 > > request a signed confirmation]
14 >
15 > And this would be why I don't bother to sign my emails any longer.
16 > The FOSS world is still stuck in the days when people ran X11-based
17 > MUAs and stored their mail in conventional folders. I've yet to see a
18 > decent browser-based MUA or Android client which does signing.
19 > Squirrelmail does, but it is really lacking compared to something like
20 > Gmail.
23 I haven't tried the feature myself but K9 Mail, which is highly
24 regarded, does it via APG on Android.
27 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
28 Gentoo Linux Developer