From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] app-portage/genlop: 9 open bugs, dead upstream
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:37:14
1 On Sunday 24 July 2005 20:29, Ivan Yosifov wrote:
2 > Hello Everyone,
3 >
4 > What's up with genlop ?
5 > There are 9 open bugs, some including trivial fixes ( like #97049 ),
6 > the homepage http://pollycoke.org/genlop.html ( as listed in the
7 > ebuild ) is dead. If my understanding is correct, unmaintained packages
8 > are removed from the tree.
9
10 well, we once (within the apache herd) had a module that's not really
11 maintained by anyone special, but debian (to mention one I *do* remember) is
12 maintaining this package, too, and though we decided to leave it in,
13 especially where we recognized, that debian even did some more effords on
14 this partiular package.
15
16 don't flame me now, but I forgot what package exactly it has been, however,
17 the wact still remains.
18
19 finally, genlop still has a user base (including me). So I wouldn't dare in
20 dropping it.
21
22 Regards,
23 Christian Parpart.
26 04:32:01 up 123 days, 17:39, 1 user, load average: 2.89, 5.20, 5.16