From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: app-portage/genlop: 9 open bugs, dead upstream
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:59:58
1 Christian Parpart wrote:
2 > On Sunday 24 July 2005 20:29, Ivan Yosifov wrote:
3 >> What's up with genlop ?
4 >> There are 9 open bugs, some including trivial fixes ( like #97049 ),
5 >> the homepage http://pollycoke.org/genlop.html ( as listed in the
6 >> ebuild ) is dead. If my understanding is correct, unmaintained packages
7 >> are removed from the tree.
8
9 > finally, genlop still has a user base (including me). So I wouldn't dare in
10 > dropping it.
11
12 genlop is far too useful a package to drop from the tree. besides the
13 important statistical data it provides, it makes a great benchmarking
14 tool and i use it for gcc testing a lot.
17 --de.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list