From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Project proposal -- maintainer-wanted
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:06:48
1 On Thursday 14 May 2009 03:32:12 Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I have had this project in my mind for a while, so it's about time to
5 >[..]
6 I think there is no need for this project. Developers can always browse
7 bugzilla and pick every 'maintainer-wanted' ebuild they like. At least this
8 is what I do. I am not sure how this project will make things better. In
9 order to push something on portage, you need to test it and use it and like
10 it and taking care of it. Apparently you wont push a package that you dont
11 give a s*** :)
12 So this project will do what each developer is doing individually. Am I the
13 only one who is searching bugzilla for maintainer-wanted packages? o_0
17 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
18 Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise]
19 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org