From: Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Intentions to remove mail-client/muttng from the tree
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 12:54:00
1 * Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> [07/05/26 10:52 +0200]:
2 > Current state of muttng is a bit vague. It tries to be a collection of
3 > patches against the latest development version of Mutt.
4
5 I tried to create a muttng-flavoured mutt ebuild out of this
6 patches-collection. Initially I wanted a sidebar-patch
7 which includes $sidebar_newmail_only, but unfortunately that
8 setting has been removed from the muttng-patchset as well
9 :-(
10
11 Anybody who is interested can download the patched
12 mutt-ebuild¹ and the muttng-patchset². I'm not sure if I
13 want to maintain that in the future, as the patchset needs
14 `quilt` for applying the patches in the correct order. I
15 manually moved the files with numbers prefixed and packed
16 them into a tar-ball. As you can imagine, this is some work
17 for every release and it should be automated.
18
19 Regards, Lars
20
21 ¹ http://dev.gentoo.org/~pylon/files/mutt-muttng-overlay.tar.bz2
22 ² http://dev.gentoo.org/~pylon/files/mutt-1.5.15-muttng-patches.tar.bz2
25 Lars Weiler <pylon@g.o> +49-171-1963258
26 Instant Messaging : pylon@××××××××××.de
27 Gentoo Linux PowerPC : Developer
28 Gentoo Infrastructure : CVS Administrator