From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Well, that was, um, interesting
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 22:43:16
1 Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > On 3/5/07, Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> wrote:
3 >> That said, I'm not necessarily opposed to mandating civility, a la
4 >> Ubuntu. I do see a minor problem with that approach, though: right now
5 >> it is not clear that Gentoo has a group of devs who are sufficiently
6 >> trusted and willing to actually punish incivility. Thoughts?
7 >
8 > We have shown our trust and delegated some of our decisional power to
9 > a group of devs last summer, by electing them to the council. To me
10 > that means they have enough authority to take this kind of action. Now
11 > if we really want to respond to incivility in any way (I hate to call
12 > that punishment, I'd rather see it as giving an opportunity to cool
13 > down for some time), we can't afford to wait for the monthly council
14 > meeting. As, and recent history proves it, the chain reaction is hard
15 > to stop past a certain temperature.
18 The next meeting is next Thursday. Ironically the original thread title
19 was "Some council topics for March meeting". At least the thread gave
20 topics if nothing else :)
21
22 Regards,
23 Petteri