From: Georgi Georgiev <chutz@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OT: Re: ALSA and kernel 2.6.1-gentoo-r1 and /etc/init.d/alsasound
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:06:35
1 maillog: 23/02/2004-12:56:38(+0100): Javier Marcet types
2 > I didn't even try doing everything static, since I want to pass some options
3 > to the alsa modules on loading.
4
5 Actually, it is possible to pass options to the alsa drivers on the kernel
6 line. I for example have a sb live and an on-board cmedia card, so I have the
7 following (among others) on my kernel line:
8
9 snd-emu10k1=1,0,LIVE,1 snd-cmipci=1,1,CMEDIA
10
11 There seems to be no official documentation about the parameters and their
12 order, but it seems that you pass the parameters in the same order that they
13 appear in the output of modinfo. For example the parameters of snd-emu10k1 are:
14 enable, card_id, card_name, ir_enable (quoting from memory). Question is how to
15 see the parameters if you don't have the module to run modinfo on?
18 ( Georgi Georgiev ( It seems intuitively obvious to me, which (
19 ) chutz@×××.net ) means that it might be wrong. -- Chris Torek )
20 ( +81(90)6266-1163 ( (