From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 15:43:50
1 On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:33:58 +0000
2 Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > > In any event, what I'd like to raise is the issue of having a
5 > > (semi-)official version of gentoo that lags behind the cutting-edge
6 > > distro for stability. Is this feasible?
7 > >
8 > > Apologies if this is already being discussed elsewhere.
9 > >
10 > I appreciate that there is GLEP 19 according to earlier discussion on
11 > this list (from 2004).
12 >
13 > I guess I'm asking whether it's a) more feasible now (I'm guessing
14 > yes) and b) whether it's something that would have any support from
15 > current devs. Not in terms of workload, but culturally.
16 >
17 > Sorry for not being clear straight off.
18
19 See http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-3730878.html#3730878 for a
20 related discussion.
21
22 Marius
27 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
28 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.