From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Versioning the tree
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 11:36:50
1 > In any event, what I'd like to raise is the issue of having a
2 > (semi-)official version of gentoo that lags behind the cutting-edge distro
3 > for stability. Is this feasible?
4 >
5 > Apologies if this is already being discussed elsewhere.
6 >
7 I appreciate that there is GLEP 19 according to earlier discussion on this
8 list (from 2004).
9
10 I guess I'm asking whether it's a) more feasible now (I'm guessing yes) and
11 b) whether it's something that would have any support from current devs.
12 Not in terms of workload, but culturally.
13
14 Sorry for not being clear straight off.
15
16 Steve.
20 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list