From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] checdeps.rb for getting deps out of elf files
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:55:32
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 28 December 2005 17:26, Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >
4 >>I just picked some package as an example of the output with
5 >>openoffice-bin. My understanding here is that if you link against those
6 >>libraries, it will break break binary packages because dependencies
7 >>don't say to pull in required libraries. This just means that apr-util
8 >>should be fixed.
12 > By the way, you might want to check the locations of libraries. Openoffice-bin
13 > does not satisfy the dependency for the db library. It namely is outside the
14 > library search path (and it should be). You might want to use ld.so.conf with
15 > the rpath attribute of the binary to determine which libraries to consider.
18 Working on it with solar. I just put the || in there until I have
19 something better. Thinking about libstdc++-v3 having all the
20 alternatives is also useful. Developers should know that the one from
21 openoffice is not used.
22
23 Regards,
24 Petteri