From: solar <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] checdeps.rb for getting deps out of elf files
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 17:41:10
1 On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 21:52 +0200, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Paul de Vrieze wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday 28 December 2005 17:26, Petteri Räty wrote:
4 > >
5 > >>I just picked some package as an example of the output with
6 > >>openoffice-bin. My understanding here is that if you link against those
7 > >>libraries, it will break break binary packages because dependencies
8 > >>don't say to pull in required libraries. This just means that apr-util
9 > >>should be fixed.
10 > >>
13 > > By the way, you might want to check the locations of libraries. Openoffice-bin
14 > > does not satisfy the dependency for the db library. It namely is outside the
15 > > library search path (and it should be). You might want to use ld.so.conf with
16 > > the rpath attribute of the binary to determine which libraries to consider.
19 > Working on it with solar. I just put the || in there until I have
20 > something better. Thinking about libstdc++-v3 having all the
21 > alternatives is also useful. Developers should know that the one from
22 > openoffice is not used.
23
24 We just added -L to be used with -n in scanelf(pax-utils-0.1.6) to
25 search the ld.so.cache. It works in uclibc and glibc environments and
26 handles 32/64 bit dupes. We can't verify any of the *BSD's at this time
27 however as we no access to one of it's caches.
30 solar <solar@g.o>
31 Gentoo Linux
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list