From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP #10 -- Proposal for restructuring the CVS regarding documentation wrt internationalization proposal
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:15:54
1 On Tuesday 05 August 2003 15:31, Lisa Marie Seelye wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 14:31, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
3 > > All feedback appreciated, especially from the infrastructure folks as it
4 > > is mainly infrastructure related.
5 >
6 > I've been pondering this for a while.
7 >
8 > What I came up with was a directory structure that would look something
9 > like this:
10 >
11 > /$herd/$subproject/$lang/document.xml
14 Let me explain it once again. A herd is a group of ebuilds. Nothing more,
15 nothing less. Such a group of ebuilds has maintainers, and an owner project.
16 That project can have webpages, a herd cannot. A project can have multiple
17 herds. By definition all people inside any of the herds of a project are part
18 of the project in some way. (There can be additional people in the project
19 though). The project has/will get a root under which it can have its own
20 pages (in gentoo style), in an ordering that is basically free to the
21 project. Although there will probably have to be some kind of "official"
22 project page that uses a predefined setup (or even a new dtd)
23
24 Paul
27 Paul de Vrieze
28 Researcher