From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, Gentoo Council <council@g.o>, Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AUTHORS file for portage repository
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 20:33:20
1 On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 3:23 PM William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 09:15:08PM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > On Tue, 2018-11-27 at 14:07 -0600, William Hubbs wrote:
5 > > > All,
6 > > > I just picked a random msg to reply to on the thread.
7 > > >
8 > > > Here is the updated AUTHORS file I would like to commit.
9 > > >
10 > >
11 > > You should include at least all current developers with commit access.
12 > > Because otherwise, this really looks like all Gentoo work was done by
13 > > the Foundation (which didn't do any work at all) and Sony, entirely
14 > > neglecting the huge effort done by many individuals.
15 >
16 > No, that is definitely not the case. all devs aren't required to be
17 > listed; only those who want to be [1].
20 Uh, I'll see your [1] (a random non-Gentoo website) and raise you the
21 ACTUAL Gentoo policy on the matter [2].
22
23 If that policy is inappropriate you might want to revise it.
24
25 > There is no way to contact everyone and see who wants to be listed, if
26 > someone wants to be listed they can let us know.
27 >
28 > [1] https://opensource.google.com/docs/releasing/authors/
29
30 [2] https://www.gentoo.org/glep/glep-0076.html#simplified-attribution