From: Georgy Yakovlev <ya@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Developers, please start switching to 17.1 amd64 profiles
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 19:30:06
1 On Tuesday, May 22, 2018 9:36:17 AM PDT Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hi, everyone.
3 >
4 > With some delay, I would like to officially announce that the Council
5 > has approved the direction in which 17.1 amd64 profiles are heading at
6 > its 2018-04-08 meeting [1].
7 >
8 > [3]:https://bugs.gentoo.org/506276
9
10 This eselect-mesa bug[1] needs at least some hacky workaround treatment before
11 final and proper eselect solution is implemented.
12
13 It breaks opengl/graphics stack in a really sneaky way as nothing gets
14 eselected and absolutely no errors produced or displayed.
15
16 sddm breaks, and some other X/OpenGL features do not work.
17 I have a patch from the bugreport in /etc/portage/patches for now, but
18 it takes users a while to figure it out why X11 or mesa was partially broken.
19
20 Can this bug be given some priority treatment?
21 This will provide much smoother profile switch experience for desktop users.
22 Rest of LIBDIR bugs break software/build in a more obvious way and easy do
23 detect and work around or fix.
24
25 [1]:https://bugs.gentoo.org/486712
28 Georgy.