From: Gabriel Lavoie <glavoie@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Future of tetex
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:19:35
1 I have been busy all the summer! Is there any news about the TeXLive ebuild?
2
3 About the texmf tree, is there really many packages that would be included in
4 each distributions? Would a modular ebuild system like the one used by Gnome
5 (emerge gnome and emerge gnome-lite) and X.org would be nice for TeXLive? Each
6 packages in the texmf tree could be updated independently if needed and the
7 packages like beamer could be also included in the dependencies.
8
9 Thanks
10
11 Gabriel Lavoie
12
13 Martin Ehmsen a écrit :
14 > Gabriel Lavoie wrote:
15 >> I suppose for now that the best way to check the texmf tree dependencies is to
16 >> install TeX Live using the .iso file?
17 >
18 > I'm not sure I understand your question...
19 > The tex packages that should go into the three trees is not necessarily
20 > the packages that ships with texlive (the texmf tree that is downloaded
21 > with the current texlive ebuild is the same as the one shipped in the
22 > .iso file), they could just as well come from ctan (or any other place
23 > for that matter, as long as the licenses are clear).
24 > So what one should do is go to ctan and figure out the interdeps between
25 > packages that goes into the texmf trees.
26 >
27 > And some of the bigger packages (beamer,...) should _not_ be in the
28 > texmf trees, since we want to be able to upgrade those without making a
29 > new release of the temxf trees (which forces users to download a large
30 > file again).
31 >
32 > Martin Ehmsen
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list