From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:53:20
1 On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:45:08 -0600 Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | John David Robinson wrote: [Sun Feb 27 2005, 02:36:26PM CST]
4 | > I feel I should point out that people who aren't Gentoo developers
5 | > regularly read this list (not to mention its availability in the
6 | > archives). Some of them (maybe even devs themselves, though I can't
7 | > speak for them) have well-formed, educated opinions that you don't
8 | > share, and which you have insulted.
9 |
10 | Ciaranm's original e-mail mostly comes under the heading of
11 | "trolling". Please do not feed the trolls.
12
13 Actually, it came under the heading of "covering my ass so that when the
14 inevitable complaint makes its way to devrel, I have something to point
15 to to show that I didn't just commit the thing without asking first".
16 The trolling was just an incidental side effect thrown in to liven up
17 what would otherwise be an extremely boring thread.
20 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
21 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
22 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm