From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:44:40
1 John David Robinson wrote: [Sun Feb 27 2005, 02:36:26PM CST]
2 > I feel I should point out that people who aren't Gentoo developers
3 > regularly read this list (not to mention its availability in the
4 > archives). Some of them (maybe even devs themselves, though I can't
5 > speak for them) have well-formed, educated opinions that you don't
6 > share, and which you have insulted.
7
8 Ciaranm's original e-mail mostly comes under the heading of "trolling".
9 Please do not feed the trolls.
10
11 As an aside, I would prefer that our devs not use Gentoo mailing lists
12 for barely-Gentoo-related rants, since doing so does tend to make us
13 look a tad unprofessional. On the other hand, Gentoo is a community
14 distribution that is developed by volunteers, not a professional
15 company, and moreover, I trust that people reading our mailing lists can
16 take what our devs say with the appropriate "grains of salt".
17
18 Best,
19 g2boojum
20 --
21 Grant Goodyear
22 Gentoo Developer
23 g2boojum@g.o
24 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
25 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76