From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Another call for BugVoting on bugs.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:32:00
1 On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 11:18 -0400, Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Donnie Berkholz wrote: [Mon May 16 2005, 07:47:17PM EDT]
3 > > I blogged [1] about this the other day. It also talks a bit about
4 > > bounties, which I was actually more interested in.
5 >
6 > Bounties sound pretty scary to me. One of Gentoo's enduring qualities
7 > is that it is supported by volunteers. Injecting money into the
8 > development process will certainly change what problems get attention.
9 > I think I like it better when devs get to choose objectively what
10 > problems get attention, instead of being influenced by the promise of
11 > cash (or any other prize).
12
13 Ehh... I am *so* for being bribed... ;]
14
15 That being said, I prefer the "I'll order you a pizza if..." or the ever
16 popular "I owe you a pint whenever you come visit..." to the "I'll pay
17 you to fix..." which can definitely lead to development time following
18 the money trail rather than fixing bugs that might not be in the public
19 eye, but are much more widespread and important to Gentoo as a whole.
22 Chris Gianelloni
24 Games - Developer
25 Gentoo Linux