From: Aron Griffis <agriffis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Another call for BugVoting on bugs.gentoo.org
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:08:12
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote: [Mon May 16 2005, 07:47:17PM EDT]
2 > I blogged [1] about this the other day. It also talks a bit about
3 > bounties, which I was actually more interested in.
4
5 Bounties sound pretty scary to me. One of Gentoo's enduring qualities
6 is that it is supported by volunteers. Injecting money into the
7 development process will certainly change what problems get attention.
8 I think I like it better when devs get to choose objectively what
9 problems get attention, instead of being influenced by the promise of
10 cash (or any other prize).
11
12 Regards,
13 Aron