From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI-2 - Let's get it started
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:49:46
1 On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 01:42:34 +0200
2 Bo Ørsted Andresen <zlin@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > > - Enable FEATURES=test by default (bug #184812)
5 > >
6 > > Only if >99% of the stable and ~arch tree and all potential "system"
7 > > packages build with it (IOW: no)
8 >
9 > Err.. Maybe this could have been phrased better but then I did expect
10 > you would look at the bug before commenting. The idea is to enable
11 > tests by default in EAPI 2 and beyond and let them stay off by
12 > default in EAPI 0 and 1. This way devs who want to use EAPI 2 will
13 > either have to fix their tests or RESTRICT them. Doing it this way
14 > avoids the issue of having to fix the whole tree all at once. Users
15 > can still choose not to go with the default.
16
17 I thought tests were already supposed to pass whatever the EAPI is and
18 devs were supposed to run them...
21 Alexis.