From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] General flaming guidelines ;-)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 20:30:08
1 On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 15:55 -0400, Kevin wrote:
2 > Which is it, Chris?
3 You've taken that out of context ...
4
5 > Make up your mind...
6 I think he has, but wasn't able to communicate his ideas to you in an adequte way
7
8 > For all the credit that I give to the Gentoo developers, you are one
9 > from whom I would withdraw it. You are merely a polarity responder and
10 > as such, not worth engaging any further. You would do Gentoo a service
11 > by keeping your mouth shut in response to posts like mine (and many
12 > others I'm sure). If I were not so self-assured, you would simply drive
13 > me away from Gentoo with such ugly remarks, and I've no doubt that you
14 > have driven away many others who are less self-assured.
15 Dude ... calm down. Seriously. Insulting or angering us won't help anything and will only make us ignore any good ideas you may have.
16 Your condescending tone makes me want to ignore anything you say ...
17
18 > You're in my kill file now, so don't waste your time and the bandwidth
19 > by responding. All mailing lists have a topic and attempting to
20 > ridicule other people is not on-topic in any of them... certainly not
21 > here. It just facilitates making you look like a jerk which you need no
22 > assistance with.
23 Deliberately misunderstanding people and then yelling at them is also
24 not something that's on-topic for a mailinglist.
25
26 In the last two weeks or so I've seen many users that ignore advice,
27 feel insulted at every turn and are not cooperative in any way. This is
28 frustrating and makes those of us who interact with users irritated. I
29 really wish we could have a level-headed discussion instead of
30 insulting, insinuating and trying to annoy people.
31
32 If you feel that a developer is uncooperative, that you don't get the
33 attention you deserve ... if you have any idea how to make things
34 better, send a mail to user-relations@g.o
35 Please don't take your frustrations out on developers, let us try to fix
36 the problem.
37 I hope that we can help you resolve any conflicts you may or may not
38 have.
39
40 wkr,
41 Patrick,
42 UserRel Monkey
43 --
44 Stand still, and let the rest of the universe move