From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Lastrite: Firmware cleanup, part #1
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:39:25
1 Maxim Kammerer schrieb:
2 >> Having 300 -firmware packages is silly.
3 > I agree, but think that the process can be more user-friendly than a
4 > savedconfig — perhaps a variable as was suggested already.
5
6 As the developer who came up with the savedconfig implementation, I am
7 the first one to admit that it is not user-friendly.
8
9 USE_EXPAND would be possible, but much work for not much gain. How to
10 name the flags, after the firmware filenames? After the kernel modules
11 that use them (what if there are multiple kernel modules for the same
12 firmware file as with b43/brcmsmac)? And every time new firmware is
13 added this would have to be updated.
16 Best regards,
17 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn