From: Andrew Muraco <tuxp3@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default useflag cleanups: -apm -foomaticdb -fortran -imlib -motif -oss -xmms
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 02:52:33
1 Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2
3 >On Monday 05 June 2006 20:08, Harald van Dijk wrote:
6 >>No, the decision with the gtk/gtk2 USE flag mess was to have package
7 >>maintainers decide for each ebuild whether to support only gtk1 or only
8 >>gtk2, but not have support for both in a single ebuild.
12 >I know about the decision of the Gnome team, but there also was a thread with
13 >maintainers refusing to remove optional gtk1|2 support, if I recall
14 >correctly. Personally I couldn't care less, as long as the gtk2 flag is
15 >history.
18 Sorry for the offtopic of this, but what would a user set as the
19 useflags to have GTK-2 used by default, and GTK-1 for apps that only
20 support it? (but not build GTK-2-capable apps with GTK-1)
21
22 Just wondering, because I know that gmplayer is from the mplayer
23 package's gtk flag.. its gtk-1 so its not the optimal, but since i don't
24 know of a gtk2 version (i do have kmplayer tho.. so its sorta a moot
25 point for me.. i think its time i clean my install..)
26
27 Anyways, I agree that some of the defaults are a bit more liberal then i
28 would perfer, but hey, i can change anything i want (thats the power of
29 gentoo)
30
31 Thanks,
32 Andrew