From: Karl Trygve Kalleberg <karltk@×××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage: package queries
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:19:19
1 On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 05:09:32PM +0200, Peter Kadau wrote:
2 > hi !
3 >
4 > is there some script/whatever in the portage system,
5 > to do tedious things like:
6 > - lookup to which package a file belongs
7 > - remove older versions of packages
8 > and the like ?
9
10 This is something I've been working on for Gentool. There is however some
11 resitance about adding this to the pkg-system, for some reason (Hi Lamer
12 ;p).
13
14 I'll see if I can't check in my work on Gentool during this week, but I
15 have to get hold of Warren first so that I don't destroy anything he's
16 working on. Also, I'm extremely busy 'till friday, so don't expect any
17 miracles before then ;)
18
19 Regards,
20