From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage: package queries
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:31:20
1 On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 12:18:34AM +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 05:09:32PM +0200, Peter Kadau wrote:
3 > > hi !
4 > >
5 > > is there some script/whatever in the portage system,
6 > > to do tedious things like:
7 > > - lookup to which package a file belongs
8 > > - remove older versions of packages
9 > > and the like ?
10 >
11 > This is something I've been working on for Gentool. There is however some
12 > resitance about adding this to the pkg-system, for some reason (Hi Lamer
13 > ;p).
14
15 Lamer isn't in charge of Portage; I am. So just because Lamer rants, grumbles
16 and screams "bloody okra" doesn't mean there is resistance to add these
17 features. I want these features included, and I'm working on having others
18 help me out with Portage so that Portage can be developed more aggressively.
19 Once we start parallelizing our development properly, things will get done much
20 faster. But it will take some time and effort (and volunteerism) for this to
21 happen.
22
23 Best Regards,
26 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>