From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herds suck, fix them
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 16:36:02
1 On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 17:43 +0200, Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > > Say it with me.
3 > >
4 > > Herd == packages
5 > > Team == people
6 >
7 > There's no such thing like <team> in metadata.xml, that's what we've
8 > been talking about for ~1 day now.
9
10 Maybe it's what you erroneously have been trying to say that I've been
11 saying, but it definitely isn't what "we" have been talking about. The
12 "team" is *implied* by the herd. If you email the alias for the herd,
13 you get the team. It really is that simple.
14
15 Let's look at this another way. There are a few packages which belong
16 to the livecd herd. There is no livecd team, there is just me. The
17 only person on the herd alias for livecd is me. That doesn't make *me*
18 the livecd herd. It makes the *packages* the livecd herd and *me* the
19 *maintainer*. Your practice of "email whatever is in the herd tag
20 unless there is a maintainer tag" does not change in any way. I really
21 don't understand what you're trying to argue, since again, you've simply
22 restated what I've said a few times now.
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
27 x86 Architecture Team
28 Games - Developer