From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GRUB stage1 file not found
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 20:05:14
1 On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 10:09:04AM -0700, drobbins@g.o wrote:
2 :
3 : Yes, it's no big deal to use ext2, but this problem only occurs when GRUB
4 : is not going on your MBR. For now, the current install instructions should
5 : suffice. I also added information on how to use loadkeys to restore your
6 : keymap.
7
8 I know that this may sound like a lot, but maybe you could document how
9 to tell if GRUB is being installed on your MBR vs on a disk partition.
10
11 I think if people know what the difference is and how to tell which way
12 one is installing GRUB, it'll go a long way...
13
14 --Jerry
15
16 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
17 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
18 email: jerry@××××××.com || ...It's much more important
19 || than that!