From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Common rsync-gen errors, why they happen, and what you can do about it
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 09:48:51
1 On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 10:04 AM, Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 > That's not viable, mostly because the performance cost of doing so is significantly
3 > time consuming, that it would block `git push` for minutes at a time, and all users
4 > performing pushes would have to wait in a queue for several minutes per push.
5
6 This doesn't ring intuitively true for me. Maybe you're talking about
7 running a "repoman full" for every committed package; I'm not. The
8 checks Doug describes are all package-local. What makes this process
9 so expensive?
10
11 Even if it is true, the solution would be akin to more post-push check
12 automation (like some of Michal's work) instead of blocking
13 automation, not just saying "people should verify things before they
14 push".
15
16 Cheers,
17