From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in profiles: ChangeLog package.mask
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 15:07:43
1 Denis Dupeyron schrieb:
2 >> When someone asks about changing a package which someone else maintains, I
3 >> always suggest reporting a bug about it. Do you think that is generally ok,
4 >> or not the proper way to communicate?
5 >
6 > Exactly. Bugzilla is not a communication tool,
7
8 > Communication is (in order of
9 > effectivity) in-person meeting, phone, irc, email.
10
11 But all comments in bugs are sent to the maintainer via email, at least in
12 default settings. So in my opinion, the communication aspect of email is also
13 included in bugzilla.
14
15 > If you're not using
16 > any of these tools you're not communicating effectively and you can't
17 > expect things to go smoothly.
18
19 I think that over direct email, bugzilla has the advantage of being visible
20 in the public record. And in contrast to mailing lists, only interested
21 parties will receive the messages.
22
23 But if you think that is not the case, we can ask council to clarify whether
24 a change announced in bugzilla counts as proper communication with the
25 maintainer.
28 Best regards,
29 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn