From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:46:45
1 On Wed, 2004-11-17 at 16:29 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > I suggest you take a look through the managers' meeting logs regarding
3 > the decided upon set of rules for an arch releasing into official rather
4 > than experimental. Then, once you've read them and understand the
5 > requirements, come back and explain why x86 ended up being exempt,
6 > despite the whole "x86 will not be exempt" thing.
7
8 How about you enlighten me, or better yet, point me to where I can find
9 these precious logs. I don't have copies of them, nor would I know
10 which manager's meeting yo are referring to precisely.
11
12 I've got an even better idea.
13
14 How about explaining why if there some some major decision made that
15 would affect the release, that there was no notification of it other
16 than having to weed through the logs from the manager's meeting?
17
18 Perhaps that level of professional courtesy is a bit much to ask. After
19 all, I can't think of a single reason why the release team should be
20 informed of changes made to the release process. If this information
21 was disseminated to the release team, then it never made it to me, and
22 seeing as how I am the operational manager and acting strategic manager
23 in zhen's absence, I would think I would be the *first* person that
24 should have been contacted in such a situation.
27 Chris Gianelloni
28 Release Engineering - Operational/QA Manager
29 Games - Developer
30 Gentoo Linux