From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>, tupone@g.o, conrad@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: sys-boot/raspberrypi-firmware
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2019 01:16:36
1 Matt Turner schrieb:
2 >> Do you know something about media-libs/raspberrypi-userland as well?
3 >> I'm hoping to enable libglvnd support in media-libs/mesa and
4 >> x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers soon, and this is the only other package in
5 >> Gentoo that uses app-eselect/eselect-opengl.
6 >>
7 >> Do we care to keep this now that Mesa's vc4 driver is in good shape?
8
9 There are uses for raspberrypi-userland which the vc4 driver (last I checked
10 at least) does not cover very well.
11
12 The most important one is support for the 256 MB RAM devices (original RPi
13 Model B), which works fine on raspberrypi-userland. vc4 still has issues if
14 less than 256 MB RAM are allocated to the GPU.
17 Best regards,
18 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn