From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, tupone@g.o, "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>, conrad@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: sys-boot/raspberrypi-firmware
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2019 19:56:30
1 On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 12:29 PM Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:04 AM Conrad Kostecki <conrad@××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > > # Michael Weber <xmw@g.o> (17 Jul 2013)
5 > > > # Upstream next versions
6 > > > # Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> (15 Mar 2019)
7 > > > # No single unmasked version since. Removal in 30 days. Bug #671238.
8 > > > >=sys-boot/raspberrypi-firmware-1_pre
9 > >
10 > > Could we keep this package? I can take it, and make a proper release, if that would be enough to keep this package? I am using this on my gentoo with my Rpi3.
11 >
12 > Do you know something about media-libs/raspberrypi-userland as well?
13 > I'm hoping to enable libglvnd support in media-libs/mesa and
14 > x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers soon, and this is the only other package in
15 > Gentoo that uses app-eselect/eselect-opengl.
16 >
17 > Do we care to keep this now that Mesa's vc4 driver is in good shape?
18
19 Using correct email address for chithanh this time.