From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: The request to abolish games team policy
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 17:48:29
1 On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o> wrote:
2 > But, honesly, i can not see problem in this. We have similar problem in
3 > ARM team, which was fixed by electing new leads by those, who really did
4 > most of ARM stuff AND actively responds on e-mails.
5
6 Doing this and giving the games team a chance to set its own destiny
7 seems like a reasonable first step. This should include their
8 considering MichaƂ's proposals and reacting. Then the community can
9 gauge whether intervention "from above" is still needed.
10
11 Does anybody want to step up as somebody who wants to join the team
12 and be the point of contact for anybody else who wants to join in
13 (basically an interim lead only for the purpose of organizing a
14 meeting and electing a lead including of course all existing team
15 members)? Devs can probably add themselves to the alias already, and
16 if non-devs want to participate they can reach out to the coordinator
17 to be added.
18
19 If anybody has an objection to the influx then somebody can deal with
20 that (new council if worst comes to worst), but otherwise this should
21 give the team a shot in the arm.
22
23 I think it is best to just look forward, of course accepting input
24 from what was done in the past so as to learn from it.
25
26 Just my personal suggestion, but unless somebody really objects I
27 don't think it needs anybody's blessing. By all means speak up if you
28 think it is a terrible idea.
29
30 Rich