From: Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
To: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
Cc: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Brainstorming how to collaboratively work on kernels
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 01:18:58
1 On Sun, 2004-01-25 at 14:12, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2 >
3 > I see the forums as relatively peripherial and nonessential when
4 > compared to the kernel. While Gentoo doesn't, strictly speaking, depend
5 > on the forums, it does depend on the kernels provided. Managing them
6 > with a proprietary tool sends a very negative message.
7
8 While I agree it just seems rather amusing to see people complaining
9 about managing the kernel with a tool, that the Linus and other linux
10 kernel developers are using to manage the kernel src. =)
11
12 trance
13 --
14 trance @ irc.freenode.net #gentoo-ppc
15 Kevyn Shortell <trance@g.o>
16 Gentoo PPC Operational Manager / PPC dev