From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tod@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Netscape Packages
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:52:02
1 On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 13:32, John Dee wrote:
2 > I was looking at your netscape packages, and was wondering why you guys
3 > weren't using the 6.x series. The reason I ask, is that the 4.x series
4 > probably won't have another release (I'm the *NIX build engineer on the
5 > project).
6 > I'm also one of the build engineers on the 6.x project.
7 > Also, if needed, I could make a 6.x package for you guys. It really
8 > wouldn't take much to do.
9 > The only thing that might be a problem is the fact I don't know portage
10 > yet (I've been using gentoo a total of about 3 days).
11 > I *COULD* supply you guys with a tarball, and instructions, if you want.
12
13 That would be great!
14
15 One reason that netscape 6.x isn't in portage, is the difficulty of
16 fighting the gui installer to integrate with portages automatic installs
17 and package management.
18
19 Regards,
20