From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Google Summer of Code 2007
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:41:36
1 Rémi Cardona wrote:
2 > Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >> ffmpeg got just vc-1 working as should, all the other code got somewhat
4 >> halfway, mostly because we expected a lot. (amr and ac3 seems to have
5 >> something alive, aac isn't something that good)
6 >>
7 >> The Gentoo results aren't that bad on the average, we got something,
8 >> sadly not yet finalized properly.
9 >>
10 >> That said I think the experience was good and we should try to get into
11 >> this other round with the experience of the past summer =)
12 >
13 > To complement the both of you, how about proposing projects to 2
14 > students at the same time and have them work as a team?
15
16 Not feasible since it has been ruled out by google. The task in itself
17 should be managed by one student and N mentors.
18
19 > Anyway for some projects it might be nice. For example in the ffmpeg SoC
20 > project, one student could be a die hard coder, the other one more of a
21 > QA guy trying to find problems with the first one's code. (and maybe
22 > switch roles whenever they feel like it)
23
24 The QA role is up to the mentor ^^;
25
26 lu