From: "Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.-" <msterret@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 06:44:54
1 On Wed, 21 Jun 2006, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2
3 > Am I making sense? This looks a lot like the gtk/gtk2 flags, but
4 > inverted; according to use.desc, gtk builds gtk+-1 unless gtk2 is set,
5 > whereas the above builds highest version compatible with the
6 > package unless a lower version is specifically requested through USE.
7
8 That's not what use.desc says gtk does. You just illustrated how confusing
9 the gtk/gtk2 use flag situation has been.
10
11 The gtk use flag doesn't specify a version. It just says that the package
12 should build against *a* version of gtk+. The gtk2 flag was a way to
13 prefer the gtk2 interface over the gtk1 interface if a package supported
14 both.
15
16 Thankfully, we've mostly moved past the gtk/gtk2 use flag mess now.
17 Let's try not to make it quite so hard for people with the qt toolkit.
18
19 Michael Sterrett
20 -Mr. Bones.-
21 mr_bones_@g.o