From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "Distro Day (Measuring the benefits of the Gentoo approach)"
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:02:49
1 On Wednesday 13 August 2003 22:32, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 12:17, Alan wrote:
3 > > Maybe prelink should be used all the time on gentoo? Make it part of
4 > > the "default" so that it's always there and able to make things even
5 > > faster.
6 >
7 > I have some serious doubts about the stability of prelink. I have
8 > recently had 2 separate systems get hosed by using prelink. Luckily, I
9 > had one system which had not been prelinked and everything has distcc,
10 > so I was able to "repair" my system by using the working machine. One
11 > of my friends has had the same issue, so it is not limited to me and my
12 > setups. I am trying to track down the problem's origin so I can file a
13 > decent bug report.
14
15 I tried out prelink myself too, and stopped using it precisely for this
16 reason. It does not appear to be stable for me either.
17
18 Paul
21 Paul de Vrieze
22 Gentoo Developer