From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
Cc: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] "Distro Day (Measuring the benefits of the Gentoo approach)"
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:28:45
1 On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 12:17, Alan wrote:
2 > Maybe prelink should be used all the time on gentoo? Make it part of
3 > the "default" so that it's always there and able to make things even
4 > faster.
5
6 I have some serious doubts about the stability of prelink. I have
7 recently had 2 separate systems get hosed by using prelink. Luckily, I
8 had one system which had not been prelinked and everything has distcc,
9 so I was able to "repair" my system by using the working machine. One
10 of my friends has had the same issue, so it is not limited to me and my
11 setups. I am trying to track down the problem's origin so I can file a
12 decent bug report.
15 Chris Gianelloni
16 Developer, Gentoo Linux