From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Going against co-maintainer's wishes (ref. bug 412697)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 19:58:45
1 On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> wrote:
2 > Can I ask the systemd people to design a working solution for opting out? I
3 > can't support this initiative without such a solution and I would be happy
4 > to work with the systemd people to reach it, ie I'll test.
7 What about INSTALL_MASK does not work?
8
9 I put the responsibility for designing a more idiot-proof opt-out
10 system in the hands of those that actually care about it. Most of us
11 are on systems with plenty of storage, and those who are not (embedded
12 devs) should be perfectly capable of setting INSTALL_MASK without
13 hosing their systems.