From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Going against co-maintainer's wishes (ref. bug 412697)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 19:53:30
1 On 05/25/2013 02:13 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > On 05/25/2013 05:14 PM, Ben de Groot wrote:
6 >> But if a co-maintainer pushes through a change that I oppose, then
7 >> working together becomes quite difficult. In this case I opted to
8 >> give up maintainership.
9 >>
10 > Ben,
11 >
12 > We've been working together, in the same team(s), for more than 4
13 > years and we never had a single problem in co-maintaining packages. I
14 > would never expected you to make so much noise because I committed a
15 > file (yes a file, *not* a patch) that changes absolutely *nothing* to
16 > existing users but it helps all those users who want to use systemd.
17 >
18 > I am very disappointed and confused.
19 >
20 > You should have known me better by now.
21 >
22 > - --
23 > Regards,
24 > Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
25 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang
28 We are moving too quickly on bug #448882 ([Tracker] packages not
29 providing systemd units). We should come to better consensus on systemd
30 integration and we were getting there with the idea of INSTALL_MASK. I
31 don't know that it is a working solution yet. I have to oppose adding
32 unit files unless we have a way to opt out for reasons I gave earlier,
33 regarding embedded systems where one needs to conserve space
34 aggressively. And we may have found a way to do so without cluttering
35 ebuilds with USE flags.
36
37 Can I ask the systemd people to design a working solution for opting
38 out? I can't support this initiative without such a solution and I
39 would be happy to work with the systemd people to reach it, ie I'll test.
42 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
43 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
44 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
45 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
46 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA