From: Michael Kohl <citizen428@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: (FS) Attributes for Ebuilds?
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 02:46:19
1 On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:40:54 -0400
2 "ross girshick" <rossgir@×××××××××××.edu> wrote:
3
4 > I've actually already implemented something like this for a school
5 > project. I built a metadata "database" on top of file system using
6 > ext2 and extended attributes.
7
8 Good to hear! Actually after reading the documents about ReiserFS 4 I'm
9 thinking I'll wait for this one before trying my luck (and maybe even
10 then I won't ;).
11
12 > Rather than going into too much detail, I suggest that you read the
13 > paper that I wrote on it.
14
15 Thanks!
16
17 > I haven't had time to get organized, but I can make the source code
18 > available soon too. If anyone is interested in working on it please
19 > let me know.
20
21 I probably wouldn't start hacking away the moment I get it, but I
22 definately would like to see it.
23
24 Michael
27 www.cargal.org
28 GnuPG-key-ID: 0x90CA09E3
29 Jabber-ID: citizen428 [at] cargal [dot] org
30 Registered Linux User #278726