From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Changes to some profiles
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 14:24:58
1 On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 14:21 +0100, Vlastimil Babka wrote:
2 > Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 > > Do we really need a front-page news item for this? I don't think the
4 > > impact would be terribly great, as I suspect this affects a very small
5 > > number of people whom are likely to be more advanced users. I think
6 > > adding the info to GMN/gentoo-dev-announce/gentoo-user should suffice.
7 > > If someone thinks we need to do a front-page article, we can do that,
8 > > too.
9 >
10 > IIRC it will affect only 2008 profiles, and not older, so people have to
11 > switch profiles first? Which already involves knowing what you're doing?
12 > So what about putting up a GMN/front page article announcing all such
13 > changes in new profiles, and not just for debianutils removal. I don't
14 > recall there was this kind of article/documentation before, but might be
15 > wrong.
16
17 Ehh, I didn't say I was only doing it for 2008.0's profiles. I *could*
18 but there's not really much point. The package isn't needed in "system"
19 for anything to compile/run, so why should we force it onto everyone's
20 machines?
23 Chris Gianelloni
24 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
25 Games Developer